This article continues with the ideas of David J. Schwartz “The Magic of Thinking Big.” Basically, if you adopt big ideas that allow you to give more than is expected of your service or product you will see phenomenal success. Peter Diamandis tells us if we want to make a billion dollars, all we have to do is solve a problem for a billion people.
In this post, we explore the concepts of positivism, generosity and action in your quest to become a multimillionaire.
Follow Big Thinking with Positivism and Generosity
The most successful businesses were designed to solve a problem for people. Your road to success will be paved with your ability to help people live a better life in some way. You have solved a problem for them. Multimillionaires construct big ideas about what they can to do help. They think of helping thousands of people not just a small community of people. Think of Amazon. The founder wanted to make anything people might want available to be ordered on line. He solved a big problem for us. What big idea for helping people have you discovered?
There are several attitudes and actions that will help you realize your big dream of helping others in a big way according to Schwartz.
- Position yourself to be a generous giver.
“Giving is the master key of success, in all applications of human life. Bryant McGill
- Dig deep into your industry to learn as much as you can about it. This will do several things. First, it will keep you from becoming disinterested and slowing down in your pursuit. Next, your business will also grow and innovate in proportion to how much energy, time and knowledge you put into.
“Each moment of our life, we either invoke or destroy our dreams.” Stuart Wilde
- Pay attention to how you carry yourself.
“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Be positive and lift up everything about yourself. Your personality, your attire, your handshake, you talk and your walk. Adopt an energetic, success oriented countenance. Share good news as a standard way to interact with others. You cannot accomplish much by sharing bad news.
“It’s not the appearance that makes a man, it’s the man that makes an appearance.” Anthony Liccione
- Show appreciation every chance you get. Doing this will make the people around you feel important. This is essential when soliciting help for your Purpose. Calling people by their name is the first sign of appreciation. Design a system for remembering the names of people you interact with.
“Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Phillippians 4:8
Of primary importance:
Adopt the service first attitude. See yourself as serving the customers that support your business. The key: Apply the rule of giving your customers more than they expected and see your business soar.
“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” Booker T. Washington
Follow Big Thinking with Action, Action, Action
As our ending prayer says: “Give us a strong love of learning and an urgency to act on what we learn in pursuit of excellence for Your Kingdom.”
Action is the power of your Vision. As you act, you will see your life change toward your dream little by little. David J. Schwartz offers some fantastic things to help us act on what we know with an urgency that is powerful.
1. Adopt the attitude of an activist. Become known as someone who gets to the task immediately. Your feelings of accomplishment will expand continually.
2. Conditions will never be perfect for you to act. Go ahead with what you have and your opportunities will increase.
3. Generate many ideas, but choose the most important to act on immediately.
4. If you find yourself fearful about an action, do it anyway. This is how you grow to higher levels.
“I am not afraid…I was born to do this.” Joan of Arc
5. Inspiration will not come naturally in most cases. You need to start the motivation in your mind and them move out toward your Vision. As you act, you will become more motivated.
6. Become known as a person who can start now, not tomorrow or next week, now.
7. Cut down your preparation time and act quickly on your ideas. Don’t worry, you will learn as you go.
“The secret of life…is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” Paulo Coelho, from The Alchemist
8. Take the initiative in your dream building situations. Show others that you are a go-getter.
“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague
As you grow toward your multimillionaire status, keep the concepts of positivism, generosity, and action always in mind because there is room at the top for you!
“There are only two rules for being successful. One, figure out exactly what you want to do, and two, do it.”
Father, place a deep conviction in us of our responsibility to become millionaires in Your Kingdom.
Give us a strong love of learning and an urgency to act on what we learn in pursuit of excellence for Your Kingdom.
We thank you Lord, and seal this prayer in the name of Yeshua (Jesus), our Redeemer.
See you at the top!
Additional Resources: “The Joseph of Arimathea Calling, Dr. Francis Myles